We are pleased to inform you that we are offering travel fellowships to help students attend SCS 2020. These travel fellowships are made possible by the kind support of our sponsors.
All participants who have submitted an abstract to SCS 2020 are eligible to apply for a travel fellowship. The deadline to submit a travel fellowship application will be communicated soon.
- Travel fellowship funding may only cover part of your expenses for SCS 2020. In this case, your remaining expenses will need to be funded by other sources.
- Applying for a travel fellowship does not guarantee that you will receive funding. All applications will be peer reviewed.
- If you require a travel fellowship to attend the symposium, please do not register before you have been notified that your application has been approved.
- The travel fellowship will be a fixed amount of money and reimbursement will be processed after the event.
- To ensure correct processing of the award money, travel fellowship recipients are required to provide copies of relevant receipts (such as conference registration, travel expenses, accommodation, etc) to organizers during or shortly after the symposium.
- You will need to be a registered for SCS 2020 as a member of the International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB) to be reimbursed.
To be eligible for an SCS travel fellowship, you must:
- Submit an abstract to SCS 2020
- Be a presenting author (poster/talk)
- Be associated with a university or a research institute as a student, PhD student or Post-doctoral researcher
If you are awarded a travel fellowship by ISCB, and/or ECCB/ISMB 2020 your application for the Student Council Travel Fellowship will be automatically withdrawn.
How to apply
To apply for SCS travel fellowships send us an email with the documents listed below attached as a single PDF file to email@example.com with the subject "SURNAME - SCS2020 TF APPLICATION" before XX XX, 2020:
- Easy Chair abstract ID and title of your submitted abstract
- Your curriculum vitae (CV)
- A motivation letter explaining why it is important for you to attend the symposium and why you require funding.
Please check the "FAQ" section of this website to see answers to frequently asked questions.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require further information.